One of the days many fans of the sport eagerly look forward to every year is finally here: all the player ratings for FIFA17 have been released, and Napoli fans have plenty of reason to be happy about what they got.
After three years of Gonzalo Higuain being the club’s top-rated player at the start of the season, Marek Hamsik is at the top of Napoli’s pile, a well-deserved place after his strong season a year ago and his impressive start to the current campaign. His 85 rating isn’t elite by any means, but it’s still good for seventh-best in Serie A — with five of the six players ahead of him hailing from Juventus. Yes, including him, who is tied for the top rating in the league at 88.
The full list of Napoli’s player rankings can be found here. Some highlights of the player rankings:
- Napoli’s top-five rated players are Hamsik (85), Dries Mertens (83), Lorenzo Insigne (83), Raul Albiol (82), and Kalidou Koulibaly (82).
- That top five actually represents a better average ranking at the top of Napoli’s squad than they did at the launch of FIFA16, at 83 this year compared to 82.2 a year ago, despite the loss of Gonzalo Higuain — who back then was rated one point lower then (84) than Hamsik’s current rating.
- Each of Koulibaly, Jorginho, and Elseid Hysaj received four-point bumps in their ratings, a significant increase as far as FIFA development goes from year to year.
- The only Napoli player to decrease was Christian Maggio, who went from a 76 to a 75. Manolo Gabbiadini got a three point bump to 81 despite his mediocre season a year ago.
- Napoli’s new signings are rated as follows: Nikola Maksimovic (81), Arkadiusz Milik (79 — that should shoot up soon), Lorenzo Tonelli (79), Piotr Zielinski (76), Marko Rog (75), Amadou Diawara (74). Not a bad haul.